Mac and cheese recipe with an aromatic smoky flavour will give you a very savoury feel that you might be longing for. This recipe is quick and easy to cook and apt for those in a hurry but needs a hearty meal. Share it with your friends and family and don’t forget to use our best kitchen chimney to avoid some smoke while cooking. It might end up bothering you about your precious kitchen walls.
Serves – 4 to 6
Total cooking time – 30 mins
Complexity – easy
What ingredients do you need?
- Kosher salt – as per taste
- Freshly grounded black pepper – as per taste
- Dry macaroni – 1 pound
- Heavy cream – 4 cups
- Smoked paprika – 1 tsp
- Cayenne pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Your favorite hot sauce – 3 shakes (optional)
- Cream cheese – 8 ounces
- Shredded Gouda – 8 ounces
- Diced chicken – 1 pound
- Panko breadcrumbs – 1 cup
- Grated pecorino – 1/2 cup
- Sliced scallions – 1/2 cup (optional)
How do you make this smoky, creamy dish?
- Take a large pot and boil a considerable amount of salted water in it. Put in the macaroni pasta in it and boil until cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare your grill for the effect of indirect heat. While using a charcoal grill, the charcoals must be built one-sided and if you are using a gas grill, set it for medium to high heat. Next, you need to heat a cast iron skill, 12 inches approx, over direct heat.
- Put the cream, cayenne, paprika, and your favorite hot sauce in it and mix properly. Bring it to simmer in low flame. Simmer the cream mix until it is reduced to half of its quantity. It will turn thick, and this requires about 5 minutes. Now, the cream cheese and Gouda must be whisked in it. Wait until the cheese and Gouda fully melts. Now add in the chicken and cooked pasta and continuously stir so that the whole mixture combines evenly. The pasta is well covered and flavored by the cream mix.
- Take a medium bowl and stir in panko breadcrumbs, pecorino, and scallions. Pour the panko mixture evenly over the mac and cheese preparation. As the next step, move the skillet over to indirect heat and cover the grill. Cook it until it turns bubbly and golden brown. This will take about another 5 minutes, and your creamy, smoky mac and cheese is all done to be served.
- As an alternative way, this preparation can be cooked on a stove-top in medium-high heat topped with the panko mixture. After that, you can bake it in a 400 degrees F oven for about 10 minutes.
Whatever way you are cooking the dish use the best kitchen chimney for a healthy and smoke-free kitchen. Hence, to protect your kitchen from dirt, smoke, and oil, you can go for the best kitchen chimney brand in Kolkata. Which company to choose from? Well, what else than Propello. It provides one of the best kitchen chimneys in Kolkata.