Since quarantine cooking has been the trend of the year, we are all looking forward to finding out new lip-smacking recipes which can be easily prepared at home and enjoyed with family.
Therefore, Propello being the Top Kitchen Chimney and Water Purifier Brand in India brings you a simple yet delicious recipe from the land of Bengal.
The name Bhapa suggests that it is a Bengali word which means steamed. Basically it is a dish of baby potatoes in a distinctive five-spice mix, steamed with mustard paste, curd and coconut. Having our Affordable and Advanced Kitchen Chimneys along with the best RO Water Purifier makes your work a lot easier. Ensure having all the ingredients and utensils in place to start off with this amazing dish.
(For 4 Servings)
- 200 gms Baby Potatoes
- 2 tsp Mustard Oil
½ tsp Brengali Five Spice Mixture (Paanch Phoron) – Whole Jeera, Saunf Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Black Mustard Seeds and Kalonji
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 1 tsp Mustard Paste
- 1 tsp Hung Curd
- 2 tsp Coconut Paste
- 1 tsp Green Chilli Paste
- A pinch of Turmeric Powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Banana Leaf for wrap
- Wash and peel the potatoes, parboil them in salted water, drain and keep aside.
- Heat a little mustard oil in a non-stick pan, add the five-spice mixture, break the red chillies in half and stir the spices around till they splutter.
- Wait till the aroma of the spices and chillies come out well and then pour this over the parboiled potatoes and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, make a marinade using well-beaten curd, mustard paste, coconut paste, green chilli paste and turmeric powder.
- Whip the mixture well to make a smooth marinade for the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes to this mixture and mix gently.
- Now, add the required salt and lemon juice and mix again.
- Heat the banana leaf a little, so that it stays firm and then put the potatoes on the bed of the leaf and wrap it gently.
- Put them in the steamer and steam for about 6-8 minutes.
- Open the wrap and check if it is cooked and your Bhapa Potato is ready to go into the mouth along with some white rice.
A very easy recipe which can be prepared within an hour and is a delectable treat for vegetarians as well, who has been visually intrigued by an alternative, that is the Bhapa Fish but have never had the opportunity to taste it. Since health has been a major factor in recent times, it is your best opportunity to ensure safety and cleanliness with the Best Kitchen Chimney and Top Water Purifiers.