Hibiscus – A subtropical flowering plant with excellent health benefits for people suffering from type 2 diabetes. It helps to lower high blood pressure and get high blood lipid levels down as well. Drinking hibiscus tea promotes overall heart health and also keeps cholesterol under control. It is used in various sectors for its antifungal, antibiotic, and diuretic effect.
A particular species of hibiscus flowers are considered to have medicinal properties and are used in food preparations, tea, and various herbal medicines. A specific species of this flower, called the Hibiscus sabdariffa contains medically important compounds called phytonutrients which are well known for delicacy and also for its nutritional and medicinal properties.
How do you prepare the Hibiscus Tea?
Take ¾ cup of water from the best water purifiers. While looking for medicinal healing solutions, you must get the purest form of drinking water using water purifiers from the best water purifier brand.
Pour water into a kettle or pot, bring it to boil, add ½ tsp of dried hibiscus to the boiling water, and let it simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes. Do not forget to boil it with a closed lid. This will prevent the aroma from escaping in the air and remain intact within the water.
How much should you have daily?
For type 2 diabetes, 2 to 3 cups of tea per day are enough. However, when dealing with high blood pressure, an expert’s advice is always recommended.
How does it help to fight type 2 diabetes?
- Hibiscus tea is a caffeine-free beverage that is rich in antioxidants which help reduce oxidative damage and fight free radicals. The high dose of antioxidants in hibiscus helps to keep sickness away and improves overall health.
- Research shows that people drinking hibiscus tea twice a day had a significant increase in ‘good’ cholesterol. It also controlled ‘bad’ cholesterol levels, rather than drinking black tea. Also, there was a considerable amount of decrement in total cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Hibiscus tea is good for the liver. The liver plays a crucial role in your overall health, flushing out toxins to secreting bile. Studies have found that hibiscus may boost liver health and improve its performance.
- It aids in weight loss. Anthocyanin found in hibiscus helps in keeping your body weight in check as it has anti-obesity properties.,/p>
- Apart from health benefits, there are minimal side effects known to the usage of hibiscus tea. Hibiscus flower petals are high in Vitamin C, which has been proven to boost immunity
Moreover, get hold of top-rated water purifiers to avoid any other health disorders related to drinking water. Several brands provide RO water purifiers but always choose wisely and choose from the best RO water purifiers in Kolkata. Propello serves to be the best among water purifier brands in Kolkata.